Skip to main content
Forums

Let's try posting this again - what's up with online radio coverage from the AFL site if you're on a Mac? Are we sc**wed again like we were a couple of years ago? Last Year everything was fine but this yearno go on a Mac. Running OSX Tiger and Firefox and Safari and nada. Says I need Silverlight but I already have it, and the MS site says you need Leopard or higher to run Silverlight. They're wrong becasue I have Silverlight and it runs fine for listening to a local college online radio station.

Posted by admincms on May 21, 2010

See this story posted on March 9, 2010:  Aussie Sport TV 2010

and the comments to this post:  Omnisport. TV 2010

Non Windows users are no longer supported.  That's unfortunate and I don't like it but there is little that can be done about it.  I suggest ESPN3.com if that is an option or get a Roku and watch games supplied by MHz if MHz is not available in your area.  Beyond that, complain to the AFL.  Sorry.

-Rob
AFANA Chairman Emeritus and Site Admin

Posted by jackn2mpu on May 23, 2010

What you say is all well and good, but if you had actually READ my post you'll see where I asked about online RADIO coverage form the AFL site, not TV. And the links you provide only talk about TV. And I'm not paying $80 to $100 plus any other fees for a ROKU box.

Posted by admincms on May 23, 2010

Jack,

My apologies. I am human and gee, I make mistakes! I was confused by your references to Silverlight etc. Despite my confusion and error, the situation remains essentially the same.  The AFL and it's technology partner Telstra no longer promise any support for non-Windows platforms.  We have seen reports of people successfully listening to radio from Macs or Linux machines, however I have no information on how they do it.  I am able to listen on my CC-Wifi Internet radio, too.  

I respect your feeling on not wanting to spend money on a special device to listen to or watch footy.  Everyone has their own value for what footy is worth to them.  For every fan like you who doesn't want to spend extra dollars, there are those who would spend hundreds and more.  "Your mileage may vary" is a good slogan to live by.  "Each to his own" is another one. Considering how few fans pony up even $10 to support AFANA it's amazing how sites like ours keep going (free for you not for us!). 

-Rob
AFANA Chairman Emeritus and Site Admin

Recent content

Partners

Worldfootynews.com

ENJOY Three Months Free! 

VPN for Sports!

• Need to access sports broadcasts that are blocked in your area? You need a VPN!
  • With ExpressVPN, you get a flexible VPN service that can be adjusted on the fly.
  • More than 105 countries suppoorted.
  • The best part? Click on this offer and get 3 months FREE!

We Recommend:

ENJOY 40% OFF SITEWIDE!

• The future of vitamins is here! Say goodbye to generic multivitamins cluttering your table top. 
  • With Vitable, you get personalized daily vitamin packs tailored to your unique diet, lifestyle and health needs.
  • All you need to do is complete a simple online quiz and unlock your expert recommendation. 
  • Join the 400,000+ people embracing the Vitable way with 40% OFF your first order
  • Use the promo code AFANA40 at checkout.