Skip to main content

I have repeatedly asked the AFL site and the various radio stations for years about this problem, to no result....

Like most of us...I watch the games on line or TV when available. I like to listen to radio pre-game coverage which is usually accessible. However...I like even better to listen to after game discussion and as soon as the final siren has gone I can not gain access to any of the AFL site stations. They turn off  the links almost immediately..SO...I go to the individual station web sites only to be told by a recording to go to the AFL.com!!!! This situation lasts for hours sometimes and his highly annoying. The only way past this to any degree is to have a station already connected in the background before the games concludes, but even then it cuts out before the end of discussions/talkback but is still not allowed to be streaming from the source station?!! Even if you do have your selected station continue on after games' end, you cannot change stations...bloody annoying. I just watched the Swans win over Magpies and would love to have listened to some talkback from Melbourne..impossible...an hour after the game and I cannot get a stream from any of the 6 stations covering the game...ALL tell me to go to AFLRadio which has been long closed down..pathetic and un-necessary...

BTW Rob...I wanted to make this letter a new thread but could not find the option to do so...

Dennis...

Posted by Marc (not verified) on May 28, 2013

I understand this frustration over the past few years. I have done the same frustrating e-mails to the radio stations and the AFL. Of course no replies. Some weeks stations like SEN or 3AW continue with their online streams during the games. It is a hit and miss situation just waiting to see if I have to go to the AFL Match Centre for the radio links. If I have to listen via the AFL website, as soon as the stream ends, I do not bother anymore trying to get SEN or 3AW from their homepages.
Posted by admincms on May 28, 2013

Hi Dennis,

Sorry for the slow response but I was on vacation.

To start a thread on a subject (not associated with an article) simply go to the forums. They are linked in a bunch of places including the top level menu ("Talking Footy"). I moved your post to a new item.

To go directly to any radio station feed during AFL games use the links on our AFL Radio page.  (Again, check the menus above it's at the bottom of the TV links and also on the far right column under the AFL TV- More tab.)

As for the AFL Radio policy, I will again remind my contacts at the AFL to restore the station radio regular feeds after the game is over.

-Rob
AFANA Chairman Emeritus and Site Admin

Posted by admincms on May 28, 2013

Hi Marc,

See my answer to Dennis. You do not need to go to the AFL Centre to find the links to any AFL radio stream during the game. We have them on our AFL Radio page.

Also, I will bring the issue of streams going on after the game with the AFL. 

-Rob
AFANA Chairman Emeritus and Site Admin

Recent content

Partners

Worldfootynews.com

We Recommend:

ENJOY 40% OFF SITEWIDE!

• The future of vitamins is here! Say goodbye to generic multivitamins cluttering your table top. 
  • With Vitable, you get personalized daily vitamin packs tailored to your unique diet, lifestyle and health needs.
  • All you need to do is complete a simple online quiz and unlock your expert recommendation. 
  • Join the 400,000+ people embracing the Vitable way with 40% OFF your first order
  • Use the promo code AFANA40 at checkout.