Skip to main content

GDay ,

Just wondering of anyone knows if the Carlton v Collingwood game this weekend will be shown on TV anywhere in Las Vegas? 

Thanks heaps

Go Those Mighty Blue Boys

Posted by admincms on July 28, 2010

Hi Pauiie,

Welcome to the forums here.  Since the game is only on ESPN3.com and not on broadcast TV the odds aren't good.  Unless an establishment has rigged a PC up to to a TV and is feeding the game from the web feed to a TV, there isn't any way to show it.   Any broadcast games will be reflected on our TV schedule page that way with ESPN2 or ESPN Classic or something similar showing that it is a broadcast game and which channel will be airing it.

Best regards,

-Rob
AFANA Chairman Emeritus and Site Admin

Posted by tilly18 on August 02, 2010

Hi Rob,

I wonder if you maybe able to help me.

I will be in the US for the first two weeks of September this year and I am looking for a venue to watch the finals games.

I have contacted ESPN in LA and they do not show AFL games.

I will be in Anaheim and Beverly hills for the first week and Kuawi for the second.

Do you know if there is a venue that have parties or a sports bar that would be screening the games.

Thnaks in advance.

Posted by admincms on August 03, 2010

Hi Tilly,

Welcome to the forums.  The answer for you is pretty much the same.  While the GF itself will be live on cable & satellite TV in almost every home and pub in the US, the earlier weeks of the finals will be on ESPN3.com only.  So, like above, a pub can air that only if they hook up a computer to a TV and that's not likely.  That's the bad news. 

The good news is that ESPN3.com will carry up to 3 finals the first week, and every one after that.  All you need is a computer that can connect to it.  That will depend on the ISP that you use while here.  If you have an acquaintance whose ISP provides ESPN3 or can use a computer at a university or military facility you are good to go.  You'll need to consult our "TV Info" page (link near the top of the far right column) for links to ESPN pages that list all currently cooperating ISPs in the US.  

Beyond that, you are limited to what the AFL web site will provide or you are willing to pay for through the Omnisport.tv site.  

Hope this helps.

Related note:  we will soon be listing GF parties throughout the US and Canada on the web site.

-Rob
AFANA Chairman Emeritus and Site Admin

Recent content

Partners

Worldfootynews.com

ENJOY Three Months Free! 

VPN for Sports!

• Need to access sports broadcasts that are blocked in your area? You need a VPN!
  • With ExpressVPN, you get a flexible VPN service that can be adjusted on the fly.
  • More than 105 countries suppoorted.
  • The best part? Click on this offer and get 3 months FREE!

We Recommend:

ENJOY 40% OFF SITEWIDE!

• The future of vitamins is here! Say goodbye to generic multivitamins cluttering your table top. 
  • With Vitable, you get personalized daily vitamin packs tailored to your unique diet, lifestyle and health needs.
  • All you need to do is complete a simple online quiz and unlock your expert recommendation. 
  • Join the 400,000+ people embracing the Vitable way with 40% OFF your first order
  • Use the promo code AFANA40 at checkout.