Skip to main content

Hey guys,

My name is Travis, I am Australian and will be in the states for the whole month of september and was wondering if anyone can let me know where to watch some afl games (most importantly the grand final)

I will be in Las Vegas when the grand final is played so if any of you could let me know where I can watch the game live it would be great.

Thank you for your help.

Posted by Chris (not verified) on August 31, 2009

Hi there, Has there been any word yet about whether the AFL Grand Final in 2009 will definitely be on ESPN2 in the US, and more importantly - definitely live? I'm trying to organise an AFL Grand Final party for my American friends to show them what it's all about! Ha. Thanks, Chris.
Posted by admincms on August 31, 2009

Hi Chris,

First, please do not repeatedly post the same message.  This succeeded in getting you labeled as a spammer.  Probably not what you wanted.   Second, and this applies to all visitors here:  anonymous posters (not logged in!) have all submissions go into moderation for review (and you get a message to that effect after you post!).  This is easy to avoid.  Register at this site, confirm your registration and log in.  Any post made by a registered user who is currently logged in appears immediately.  Easy. 

Now to your question:  We are in discussions with the AFL and by extension, ESPN on the Grand Final.  We have previously been told that the Grand Final would be live on ESPN2.  We have no hard information to the contrary.  However, we are seeking definitive confirmation and when we have it, we will add the GF to our TV schedules.  Until we do that, you can assume we do not have confirmation.  (Trust me, AFANA has no reason to withhold this sort of information.  It just makes our job harder as we answer endless queries just like this one.).  Once we have a start time for the broadcast and an end time, it will appear on our schedules.  You can tattoo that promise on your least favorite appendage. 

Cheers,

-Rob
AFANA Chairman Emeritus and Site Admin

Hi Tragic,

As of this writing, we have not received any Grand Final party announcements for Honolulu but most of the announcements come in the last ten days before the Grand Final so check our listings frequently over the next couple of weeks. 

Honolulu may be one of the few places in the US to get the Grand Final live if ESPN2 fails to come thru with a live feed as the Hawaiian Islands are able to get the Australian Broadcasting Corporations international TV channel. 

-Rob

Posted by Craig Blackberry (not verified) on September 22, 2009

Hi We will also be in Honolulu for the GF but haven't found any parties although we can track down a pub to play it on ESPN - anyone know of something going on? Cheers Craig

AFANA just received a party announcement for Honolulu.  It should be posted within 24 hours.  The listings back up at this time of year since half of them come in during the last 4 or 5 days.   Check our GF party page tomorrow.

-Rob

Posted by Stuart (not verified) on September 25, 2009

According to latest schedules, ESPN2 doesn't appear to be showing the grand final live, it will only be on ESPN Classic, which is a shame as we're in a hotel in New Orleans and our room doesn't get ESPN Classic. Does anyone know where in New Orleans there might be a party or a bar showing the Grand Final live tonight? Or if, maybe... just maybe, the ESPN2 schedule is wrong and they actually ARE showing it.

FYI to all readers:  ESPN Classic has been shown as the broadcast network for the US on our front page (2 stories), and our TV schedules page, and our Google TV schedule calendar since 9/14/09.

Hi Stuart,

ESPN Classic is the network.  Check our TV schedules page.  This is your first stop when in doubt.  Never trust on air TV guides, which are often out of date. 

ESPN Classic is widely available in sports bars.  You might need to call a few but it should not be a problem to find one in New Orleans that has it.  Your bigger problem is making sure they will stay open until 3:00 AM CDT when the telecast ends. 

-Rob

Recent content

Partners

Worldfootynews.com

ENJOY Three Months Free! 

VPN for Sports!

• Need to access sports broadcasts that are blocked in your area? You need a VPN!
  • With ExpressVPN, you get a flexible VPN service that can be adjusted on the fly.
  • More than 105 countries suppoorted.
  • The best part? Click on this offer and get 3 months FREE!

We Recommend:

ENJOY 40% OFF SITEWIDE!

• The future of vitamins is here! Say goodbye to generic multivitamins cluttering your table top. 
  • With Vitable, you get personalized daily vitamin packs tailored to your unique diet, lifestyle and health needs.
  • All you need to do is complete a simple online quiz and unlock your expert recommendation. 
  • Join the 400,000+ people embracing the Vitable way with 40% OFF your first order
  • Use the promo code AFANA40 at checkout.