Skip to main content

Anyone recording the Grand Final??? If so I would love to have a copy. I'll pay for a DVD or VHS and also postage. Thanks!!!!

Don

Anyone recording the Grand Final??? If so I would love to have a copy. I'll pay for a DVD or VHS and also postage. Thanks!!!!

Don

That would be illegal. 

I subscribe to Aussie Sport TV.  I did so after Setanta removed Footy from it's broadband line-up.  I've found it to be very reliable and of exceptional quality.  Plus, I can watch it at my lesure (I'm also in a timezone where, for me, staying up past 11:00 P.M. is nearly impossible).  I have my non-hd tv setup as a monitor set to 1024/768 through S-Video.  I also pipe sound through it.  At full screen, it looks as good as any regular broadcast.

Here is an earlier post with a link to Aussie Sport TV:

http://www.afana.com/drupal5/news/2008/06/23/afl_online_video_becomes_aussie_sport_tv-1041

dean

http://www.jazzstageproductions.com
http://www.jazzstage.us/

It's probably worth reminding everyone that AFANA cannot be seen to be promoting illegal copying or downloading.  For starters, we don't need to be drawn into that minefield as we lack the resources to fight anyone in a court.  Moreover, as a marketing partner of Setanta, MHz, the AFL, Sports Delivered (aka Australian Football Video), and now the Australian Sports TV service, they would have no reason to continue to work with us if we did that and consequently everything we do for and get for fans could be lost. 

AFANA will have links to buying official copies of the Grand Final up as soon as we can after tonight, probably within a day.  If you fork over the dollars for that, you also help us as we benefit from every sale we refer to Sports Delivered.   (Sports Delivered donated 12 videos that are being given away at Grand Final parties across the country tonight -- they believe in AFANA and have supported us since 1996!)

What you choose to do privately is your business but understand where we are on this.  As someone who didn't have TV coverage himself for much of the season, I understand why fans do it and want copies or downloads.  But it affects what we can do in the future.  So, everyone stands to benefit if we keep things above board. 

-Rob
AFANA Chairman and Site Admin

Ooooooooops! Sorry about my question from before. Yes I do realize that would be illegal. The last thing I would ever want to do is get anyone, especially AFANA, into any trouble. So dummy me wasn't thinking here!!! You guys at AFANA have really done alot of hard work to get where we are now so once again I am sorry!!! I do subscribe to Aussie Sport TV so guaranteed I will be watching for the match there. I'm gonna log into the 3AW site tonight so hopefully I can at least hear it live!

Regards,

Don

Recent content

Partners

Worldfootynews.com

ENJOY Three Months Free! 

VPN for Sports!

• Need to access sports broadcasts that are blocked in your area? You need a VPN!
  • With ExpressVPN, you get a flexible VPN service that can be adjusted on the fly.
  • More than 105 countries suppoorted.
  • The best part? Click on this offer and get 3 months FREE!

We Recommend:

ENJOY 40% OFF SITEWIDE!

• The future of vitamins is here! Say goodbye to generic multivitamins cluttering your table top. 
  • With Vitable, you get personalized daily vitamin packs tailored to your unique diet, lifestyle and health needs.
  • All you need to do is complete a simple online quiz and unlock your expert recommendation. 
  • Join the 400,000+ people embracing the Vitable way with 40% OFF your first order
  • Use the promo code AFANA40 at checkout.